If you are looking to invest in a brand new or upgraded web presence you need to be sure that you select the right web development company. As there are 11 millions web developers world so possibly it is difficult to choose the best out of all. Therefore, we gives you 5 exclusive tips that will ensure you that your chosen company is the best in first attempt only!
- Know your demands : Before you start, make it clear to yourself why do you need a web development project? What is your purpose behind it? If things get clear to you than you should start. Often clients just say ‘I want a website’ without knowing their motive. To fulfill your basic requirement give time it will save your both time and money and also make sure that you will get the perfect website as you required for the first time. Following are some basic components you should consider: – What is the purpose of the website? – is your site a location where you sell products and services or somewhere to showcase your products or both ? For instance, if a brochure or informational site is more likely to contain more static pages than a full e-commerce site. Decide the purpose of your site to do, this may be to increase online sales customer inquiries or generate lead and who is the target audience. – What is the site structure do you require? -You should prepare a layout of your idea which is very vital and the process of drawing it out can be useful for planning and considering how you want the site to operate. – Design and user experience: -You need to be very strict regarding how you want to look your site and hows’ the one is going to operate. Both need to be considered hand in hand. And nothing is more worse than a site which looks excellent but cannot be navigated! Think how your eligible user will navigate the site and what they will need to do! -Website which you want (and which you never want): -make a prior list of the sites you admire . This will help the developer an idea what sort of site you want and their are few complicated sites which you finds it quite frustrating and difficult make a list of that too it will give them an idea of opposition. – Who are your competitors? -It is important to know what your competitors are doing online. You should never copy their website infact create a benchmark and ensure you offer a similar to that or even better ! – Budget and timescale: -Have a crystal clear idea of what you want to spend and when you want to switch on your work. This will enable the developer to give you the accurate balance for your constraints. This may seem like important work, however it will not only save time and money of your but will also give a clearer idea of what you require from your new website.
- Does this company work on identical project? Unless you have a simple requirement , you will find that working with a developer who has experience in your business area will be a benefit. Ask if they have ever worked on these projects and ask them to show their work as an example to you. The joy of the internet is you can view past projects easily and see how they work. Look at the sites objectively, are they responsible and friendly to navigate. Is the design professional and support the organisation’s branding. Even seemingly simple things like spelling mistakes on pages can give you an introspection into the developer’s attention to detail.
- How will you support me? Once your web development project is concluded there is a query that how the team will reinforce you? There are two stages: -simple updates. -ongoing maintenance. No website stands still and you don’t want to have to contact your web developer every time you need to make minor changes to your site’s content. Most sites can be easily updated using a content management system (CMS) which will allow you to edit text and images and make minor changes in house. Ask if your developer will provide a CMS with the site also if you will get training in how to use it adequately. Ongoing maintenance involves ensuring your sites back end is kept up to date with immunity patches to prevent hackers getting access to your systems and fixes if there is a sudden and unexpected problem which takes your website down. Ask what sort of ongoing support is available also what the service level is, you don’t want to be become hysterical if your site goes down and find your web developer has a three-day turnaround!
- Will the site be SEO ready ? The major proportion of your web traffic will come via search engines like Google. Ensure your site is ranked highly is vitally significant ( how many times have you clicked on page two of the Google recently?) SEO is search engine optimization and uses all means to rank your site high as much as possible. These can include that headers and titles are used to help both humans and search engines navigate the site, making sure pages load quickly and are viewable on both mobile and desktop browsers. You should question your developer what they will be doing to ensure your site SEO ready, they should be able to explain what they can do to ensure you have the best chance to rank as high as deserve.
- How will we know that the site is operative? You need to understand how the developer will be examining the site and what metrics you will be using to ensure your site works accurately and effective. Even a simple site needs comprehensive testing and review to ensure it is correct and does what it should do. Your developer will tell you everything regarding how they are testing your site and metrics will be used to ensure it is working correctly. This should include tests for the navigation , proofreading the content and tests of any e-commerce systems. Honest developers will be open about the testing they carry out and assure you that the site will be handed over to you ready to go live. Get it right first time – Choose Digital Manohar Digital Manohar have ages of expeience in developing sites and delivering professional services for clients ranging from SME’s to major organisations . They can provide you all sorts of support from developing pages to of the design to the development of industry leading e-commerce solutions. You will always have peace of mind with full support and and both ad-hoc or ongoing maintainance available to your site is protected from any future security risks. If you need help and advice you can contact our experts.